Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hey, What Am I Doing Up Here?



When I was very young, I’d say four years old or so, I was standing in my backyard. Next to me were my cousins Andrew and Tom. We were out back by the edge of the vegetable garden. I can’t remember what we were talking about. But all of a sudden I had an out of body experience. I can remember floating slightly above the three of us, looking down and thinking ‘Something is wrong. I should be in my body, and I’m not.’ Meanwhile my body seemed to be fine. I (or should I say my body) was standing there with my cousins, looking perfectly normal. Yet ‘I’ wasn’t in that body. I was above it looking down. I was wondering if I’d be able to get back into it and I was getting panicky. I was thinking that in a couple of seconds that body of mine was just going to keel over and die, because "I" wasn't in it. And then all of a sudden, I was back in. I remembered what had happened. I remembered then, and I’ve never forgotten. It was a little unsettling to say the least.

At that young age, I had no idea that 'out of body experiences' existed. I just thought there was something dreadfully wrong with me and I hoped that it never happened again. When I got older and learned that other people have had out of body experiences, and that some people actually want to have out of body experiences, it was somewhat comforting. But to this day, it is an experience that I don't want to repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment