Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Unmoving Experience



I was about 15 when I had my first sleep paralysis episode. It happened while I was babysitting for my sister and brother-in-law one night. They had three young children at that time who were all tucked in their beds, fast asleep. It was after 11 p.m. and I was getting drowsy. I laid down on the sectional sofa in the living room and after a short while I dozed off.

I don't know how long I had been sleeping when I awoke with a start. I was laying on my side, facing the back of the sofa. I could sense someone behind me. I could even hear their breathing. I thought to myself that one of the children had come downstairs and was standing there. I went to turn around and realized with alarm that I couldn't move. I couldn't move any part of me except for my eyes. I can remember staring at the woven fabric of the sofa with a sense of alarm. What was wrong with me?

As I kept trying to move, I realized that the breathing behind me was closer now. It was right behind me. And it was not normal breathing, it was loud and labored. I still thought that this must have been one of the children and something was wrong. What kind of babysitter was I?

As the breathing got louder and louder, I was in a panic and unable to understand what was happening to me. Did I have a stroke? Why was I paralyzed? I kept trying and trying to move. Then with one mighty effort, I flung myself around only to face nothing. No one was there. The breathing had stopped as soon as I moved. This really freaked me out.

I checked all the outside doors, which were still locked. I turned on the outside lights and saw nothing unusual. I know I hadn't imagined it. What had happened? I didn't say anything to my sister when she and my brother-in-law returned home. I thought they would think I was crazy. No point in even going there.

Over the decades since, I have had other similar episodes. I've sinced wondered if the breathing behind me was emanating from an extraterrestrial who slid back through a portal into his dimension when I moved. What else could it be? Did it have anything to do with Rh negative blood?

After all, I did see a UFO when I was younger...maybe they're monitoring me?

No comments:

Post a Comment